Eyelash extension aftercare is the most important part of wearing extensions. When we understand how to properly care for eyelash extensions, both the lash artist and client are happiest!
We've got some tips for your clients to help extend the life of their lashes!
The first 24-48 hours
- No exposure to moisture, heat or steam - avoid showering, saunas, facial, hot yoga class, etc.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses for the first five hours after your lash session to avoid irritation
- Do not shower for 24 hours (48 hours recommended) after your session, and avoid swimming in chlorine for 24 hours
- Do not sleep directly on your extensions
- No mascara should be applied to your extensions
- Do not curl your extensions and avoid touching, pulling and rubbing them.
- Do not take scissors to your extensions
- Wait at least 48 hours after a lash removal to receive chemical treatments such as tinting or perming your lashes, or any other activity or procedures that may irritate your eyes
Wash your lashes everyday
The solution to all of this is to simply use the Noir Foam Eyelash Cleanser every day or so! We love our Foam Eyelash Cleanser because it is so mild that even if it gets in the eye, it doesn’t sting. To use the Foam Cleanser properly, mix 8 parts water and 1 part Foam Cleanser and apply to lashes with a lint-free micro swab for the best results! Do not apply directly to lashes.
When we care for our lashes as clients, we can do the best and fastest work as artists. Teamwork, guys. Let’s go.